Dr. Nathalie Dowsett is happy to assist those who want to remove the silver amalgam fillings in their teeth.
Safe mercury removal in Calgary, Alberta, can be very beneficial for those who believe mercury is a harmful substance. It is also beneficial for those who do not wish to have silver or metal substances in their mouth. We do not want you to feel uncomfortable or unsafe, and we are happy to provide this service to you.
I.A.O.M.T. (International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology) amalgam removal protocol is followed in each appointment for procedures involved in removing existing amalgam fillings. The protocol we follow in our office includes:
- High volume suction with special tip designed to capture amalgam particles and vapours.
- Procedure performed with copious amounts of water on filling during removal while removing amalgam in large segments to minimize mercury vapour and particles.
- Our clients wear tight-fitting rubber dams and breathe a separate air source.
- The dentist and dental assistant wear air masks during the removal.
- A mercury-attracting Ionizer runs beside dental chair when mercury is being removed.
Are you interested in removing your mercury fillings? If so, call Dowsett Dental Health’s office now and schedule an appointment with our dentist! We look forward to working with you.