TMJ stands for the temporomandibular joint, which is the joint that connects your jaw to the temporal bones of your skull. Many people suffer TMJ disorders, and we are here to provide treatment for the TMJ in Calgary, Alberta, aiming to eliminate the discomfort caused by TMJ disorders.
Our team at Dowsett Dental Health’s office treats many patients who suffer from the following symptoms:
• Pain or tenderness in the face, jaw, shoulders, neck, and ear
• Problems opening your mouth very wide
• Experiencing a stuck or locked jaw when you try to open your mouth
• Popping, clicking, and grating sounds in the jaw joint when you chew
• Having an improperly fitted bite
• Swelling on the side of your face
• Neck aches
• Shoulder pain
• Ringing in the ears
• Hearing problems
Our dentist, Dr. Nathalie Dowsett, invites you to meet with her as soon as you can if you are suffering from these symptoms. We understand that the TMJ disorder can be very painful, and we strive to provide the treatment you need. TMJ treatment depends on the specific causes and symptoms of your condition; based on your needs, treatment may include facial muscle relaxation exercises, lifestyle changes, restorative dental care, or a bite guard or night guard. We will help you find the solution that fits your needs.
Call our office now to set an appointment with our caring dentist!