- Don’t Let a Preventable Dental Emergency Sideline Your Oral Health
- Why Choosing Mercury-Free Dentistry Is Good for Your Smile and Your Body
- Healthy Dental Tips For the Spooky Season!
- National Gum Care Month Is a Good Reminder for You To Prevent Gum Disease
- Recognize National Fresh Breath Day With Fresh Breath!
What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you think about keeping your teeth clean? If you thought about brushing or flossing your pearly whites, you’re not alone. However, would you be surprised to hear that not flossing could actually have a negative impact on the health of your teeth and on your overall health? Similarly, would it surprise... read more »
Flossing began when a dentist in New Orleans advised his patients to use a thin silk thread to clean between their teeth. As this caught on, the Codman and Shurtleft Company in Massachusetts began marketing unwaxed silk dental floss in 1882. Then the New Jersey company Johnson & Johnson took out a patent for dental floss in 1898, which was... read more »