- What Happens to Your Health and Smile When Putting Off Your Biannual Dental Cleanings and Exams?
- Smile With Us on National Smile Power Day on June 15th!
- Graduation and Wedding Days Are the Perfect Occasion to Whitening Your Smile!
- Spring Has Sprung! Call Today To Schedule Your Spring Dental Cleaning!
- Celebrate Our Dentists and Dental Assistants the Month of March!
Have you ever drank something cold and felt a sudden, shooting pain? As you probably know, havinf a toothache is a miserable experience and is something that clearly, everyone strives to avoid. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to fight and prevent toothaches. Toothaches can be caused by a variety of problems. Some of the most common... read more »
Flossing began when a dentist in New Orleans advised his patients to use a thin silk thread to clean between their teeth. As this caught on, the Codman and Shurtleft Company in Massachusetts began marketing unwaxed silk dental floss in 1882. Then the New Jersey company Johnson & Johnson took out a patent for dental floss in 1898, which was... read more »
How do you respond when you think about the bacteria in your mouth? Did you immediately start wondering what you can do to remove it? However, did you know that there are good bacteria in your mouth as well? Of course, there are definitely bacteria you should remove. For instance, plaque comes from these bad bacteria. Sadly, plaque may erode... read more »
More than 700 different strains of bacteria have been found colonizing in the human mouth. Some bacteria are worse than others, but scientists have identified a few specific diseases that have developed through these specific bacteria living in the mouth. The top two bacteria found in patients’ mouths are Streptococcus Mutans and Porphyromonas Gingivalis (try to say those ten times... read more »